It is important to take proper care of your costume/fashion jewelry so that it will last as long as possible and be in the best condition. ALL fashion jewelry necklaces, earrings or bracelets are capable of tarnishing - and some faster than others. Why? It's simple - over time, your jewelry comes in contact with moisture, acids, oils and air. They react with the metal in the jewelry, causing it to eventually wear down and tarnish. You might not be able to control the air around you or the skin you live in, but you can control the way you take care of your jewelry! Here are ways on how to keep costume jewelry from tarnishing.
1. Keep your jewelry dry & clean.
2. Remove your fashion jewelry before going to bed.
3. Use perfume or lotion before wearing your fashion jewelry.
4. Avoid coating your costume jewelry.
5. Put your jewelry on after you change clothes.
6. Fashion jewelry is not meant for daily usage. - Wearing your costume jewelry occasionally will give it a longer life.
7. Avoid fashion jewelry in the course of excessive sweating.
8. Store your jewelry properly.
9. Wear your jewelry after hair spray and makeup.
10. Avoid wearing jewelry at the spa or pool.
11. Never use jewelry cleaner.
12. Avoid chores like laundry or dishwashing while wearing jewelry.